Why is Facebook so popular? I work with clients to get them to understand the power that is at their fingertips for FREE. So I figured I’d list a few reasons with a few smartass comments along the way to keep it real. Cause thats how I roll.
- Facebook is engaging. On so many different levels it is engaging. It gives the power over to the user to engage how and when they want too. So many businesses try to control content and the way they do business. Not Facebook, facebook gives the power to the people.
- Facebook connects people. In a world where we are increasingly disconnected due to time and pressures of the day. We can reconnect with people who we don’t usually have the time to have a long conversation with. Facebook even goes out and looks for possible connections for you. Kind of like that match making friend we all have that is always saying, “you should meet so and so you guys would so get along.”
- Facebook is authentic. People use real names with real pictures(ok most everyone) but there is a shift from anonymous to personal. As we move forward I want to know who I’m communicating with. Facebook taps into this and meets that need.
- Facebook is social. I get to meet new people on facebook. Not only can I reconnect with old friends it allows me to meet new friends. And I get to catch up with what people are doing in their lives.
- Facebook is power. It strokes my ego ever so gently, lovingly cause even when no one is looking or talking to me I can talk to myself. I can post pictures of myself and it’s ok hell it’s actually expected.
- Facebook listens and responds. When I posted how frustrated I was about how slow facebook was the other day somehow they fixed the problem. And isn’t that what we want in a relationship, someone to listen and show us they take our concerns serious, respond and make us happy.
- Facebook meets all my needs. It gives me access to my friends and games and silly surveys so I can figure out that I’m a German Shepard if I were a dog. In your pj’s, a suit and tie or naked, Facebook doesn’t care what your wearing. I can gamble, plant a garden, pass a drink to a friend all without even having to get off the couch.
- Facebook has unconditional love for everyone. Something not seen very often. Everyone is always trying to find their niche and market to one group of people, not Facebook. Facebook doesn’t have favorites, just lots and lots of friends. Although you are empowered to choose favorites if you want too. Reminds me of a fast food chain and “have it your way” slogan.
Yes Facebook is my new BFF till a new friend shows up.The market place is constantly looking for the next new shiney thing to come along.Coaching question: Have you polished your silver lately? Are you ready to shine?